Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Today's Yearbook Corrections

Yearbook editors in the tri-state area are having all sorts of problems.

In Phillipsburg New Jersey, you can see a girl's underpants.

Click here to read all about it!

In Northport, New York, the kids are quoting Hitler.

Click Here!

For Extra Credit:

I use the phrase "tri-state area" above, which, here in New York City means New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Aside from news articles, this phrase is often used by weathermen presenting the regional weathermap. When I was growing up, I lived in Kansas City, Missouri. Our local meteorological region included four states, not three; Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa. So our weatherman referred to the "four-state" area rather than the "tri-state area." But I always thought he (and the one I remember most is Fred Broski, who also hosted the local "Bowling for Dollars," which my mom competed in once), I always thought he was saying "fore-state" area, like "foreground," meaning, of course, the states closest to us, of which there only happened to be four.

No comments: