Sunday, June 04, 2006

Harper's Magazine is 7$

There are some magazines I read regularly, and some that I pick up once in a while. And I also try new magazines sometimes, and I sometimes pick up an issue of a magazine if an article looks interesting or it's got a good cover. So I picked up the current issue of "Harper's" to see what Art Spiegelman has to say about the Danish Cartoon Controversy from last February. (I guess they've got a long lead time.) And when I got to the counter, it was $6.95. Now, it's not a big deal, I can afford it, and I'm really not bothered by a couple of dollars one way or another, but it just seems a little high for a standard sized 100-paged magazine.

I also picked up "The L Magazine"; it's free, it has more interesting articles than you'd think, and it looks like they're perfect binding it and printing the inside in color as of the new issue ("The Summer Preview.")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»