Saturday, June 24, 2006

Another blogging post-mod-meta-post

Note: If you make it through the boring part, there's some satanic stuff near the end...

Here's another blogging rule:

Try not to steal too much.

Now, I've stolen a picture or two. I'll get something from another web page to photoshop, or even use outright a goofy picture from Yahoo's "Most e-mailed photos." And I stole Noop's imaginary friend. But for the most part, the photos here come from my cell-phone camera and the drawings I do myself. If I had to run this stuff by a copyright lawyer I don't think I'd have to take down more than 8 pictures.

So, as a general blog rule, stuff you make yourself is better.

OK then. Why am I boring you with this? (Are my 45 seconds up?)

Take a look at this link: (via Drudge)

"Dude Blames Satan for Everything"

Ah...a heartwarming story about an insane idiot that could be fodder for its own post.

But go back for a second and look at the picture. And look at the credit. "Google.com"

There are lots of companies that make and sell pictures for commercial websites to use. Google is not one of them. Google is a website you might use if you want to steal pictures instead of paying for them. (Note: I do not hold Google responsible in the least. You might also use Google to find legitimate sources for pictures. It is merely a powerful tool and for this purpose morally neutral.)

It's one thing if Rinky-dinky-Clinky steals pictures, we're pretty much the opposite of a commercial website. But a full-on TV station website, with ads and people who work there, they shouldn't be stealing, and if they are, they shouldn't be stupid enough to credit the stolen picture to Google.

2 comments:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

So Mr. Google didn't actually take the photo of the Devil?

Cake said...

Very nice public service announcement. Google Image is just so much damn fun...all that stuff out there, just waiting!

Love the drawings, by the way.