Saturday, May 20, 2006

There's no breakfast in heaven after 11.

So, last night, after visiting the outside of the new Apple store (Didn't go in. I'm too old to wait in line for two hours. To go into a store.) Ok, that was just a clause, not a full sentence, but it was starting to run on what with the parentheticals and all.

Anyway, I made my way down town to the 23rd st. branch of the New York Sports Club, which is open 24 hours. I love when places are open 24 hours. (like the Apple store. I'm just not waiting in line to go in. I'll wait till 3 a.m. Monday.)

And next to the NYSC, is a 7-11!

Now, if you don't live in NYC, a 7-11 is no big deal. But they are kind of rare in Manhattan. There are plenty of little delis and bodegas, but an actual 7-11 has it's own special vibe, that you miss if you grew up in the midwest as I did. And Slurpees. As pictured below. X-men Slurpees, and they've got Dr. Pepper Cherry Vanilla flavor.


No comments: