Sunday, May 07, 2006

Please Proofread the Internet

The website for the radio station 1010 WINS, that I often read for the local news, has an article titled Handsome Cab Strikes Car in Manhattan. Although I'm sure it was a fine-looking vehicle, I think it was probably a Hansom Cab, a horse-drawn carriage named after its inventor Joseph Hansom.

And, while I'm at it, I'm pretty sure "e.g." means "for example" (exempli gratia) and "i.e." means "that is" (id est). Not that I've seen them used incorrectly recently...

3 comments:

Cake said...

You don't want to get me started on this, really you don't....my friends back away slowly, making soothing noises, when I get started on this stuff. ::grin::

I Ain't No Oprah said...

What are you two talking abut? (sp)

Cake said...

I'm watching you, Nooprah.

::waves red pen menacingly::