Monday, May 22, 2006

I can't live by your rules, man!

I've been thinking some more about what makes a good blog.

1. As noted earlier, a good blog is like a good colon, regular is better. Every day is optimal, but at least once a week.

2. No movie reviews. Unless you're one of only 4 people who have seen the movie, or you've got some special insight. I'm an albino and I hated the DaVinci code. Or, if you are Roger Ebert. It's my happening and it freaks me out.

3. Don't write the same thing that every body else is writing. We've seen a picture of the Apple Store. We've most probably taken a picture of the Apple store. And no pictures of flowers.

3. Don't just do stupid lists every day. Actually, that one is just mocking my friend Steve (I Am Not Any Oprah)

4. No bills of attainder. That is, don't do jokes that only a few people will get. Unless, of course, you need to scold them for being fuckin' pussies.

5. Knock off the swearing.

6. Don't write stuff at 4:30 in the morning. It will incoherent.

7. Don't go too nuts with the YouTube.

8. Don't be all Hitler with so many rules.

9. And remember, once you compare someone to Hitler, you lose the argument.

10. Never fight a land war in Asia.

11. When you link to something on another web site, have at least a pithy headline and a decent sentence or two to say about it. And don't link from any one site more than once a week. (And even at once a week, what are you, getting married?) The exception is news, and for a news link you've got to write at least two paragraphs.

12. Clink it before you drink it.

5 comments:

Sam said...

I like pictures of flowers.

Cake said...

Have fun storming the castle!

(You put Princess Bride in my head with your #10, way to go.)

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I like flowers that look like Hitler.

Cake said...

Daisies?

Anonymous said...

Pictures of flowers are so much better than pictures of monkeys being eaten by bears.... with the cursing and the violence on this blog, you should have a big disclaimer "NOT FOR CHILDREN OR PUSSSIES"