Thursday, July 06, 2006

They drive by night

Driving home on the Fourth of July, we first drove down the Palisades Parkway from Bear Mountain. And there must have been at least a dozen cars pulled over to the side of the road. Broken down? I don't know. There seemed to be a high proportion of SUVs.

I'm sure they must have had good reasons for parking along side the highway, but I couldn't help but think "You stupid, stupid, morons."

Did I mention that I had lost my voice? So I couldn't scream at other drivers like I usually do.

But even better, we happen to be heading out of the Mid-Town Tunnel at the same time as the fabulous Macy's fireworks are going off. And people are pulled over to the side of the Long Island Expressway to watch. Lots of cars. The Long Island Expressway was lined with cars for miles, double-parked in some places. Traffic was moving good, though.

And finally, if you live in New York City, even in the boroughs, for instance Queens, you may not drive. But here's a suggestion: You should know how to get to your house by car. You may need to take a taxi home one night, and you'll need to give the driver directions. And it can be a little tricky in some places, what with the one-way streets and what not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Ginny forget how to get home?