Saturday, December 02, 2006

Nerds of Spain

So, couple of days ago, I'm walking around Madrid, and I see what might be the Spanish version of Cousin Steve's comic-book store:



But it's closed, and there's a sign (circled above) on the door:



My Spanish not so good, but it seems there's some sort of comic-book convention this weekend. Later, on the subway, I see this advert:



I also see this one:



And this one:



But that's really all nuts and butter.

Anyway, I go on the internet, find out about the show, and make my way over to the Pabellon de Convenciones:



And here we go; the Nerds of Spain:







The main difference between a comic-book show in Spain and one in the U.S.; In Spain "Wolverine" is called "Lobezno!":



And also, in Spain, one of the booths might be carving up a big old ham (jamon):



Yes, that's what's left of a ham, not a paper-mache space gun...

No comments: