Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

People ask me, "Clinky," they say "Are you Mad? How can your stories possibly be true?"

Sometimes they're true. And if not, they speak to the larger truths of the human condition. Maybe they're true, but they are also filtered for insights into current events.

For instance, earlier tonight there was a huge fight at a Knicks game."

Wouldn't it be cool if I somehow was at that game. Maybe I got free tickets. Maybe, late in the game, with the home team losing badly, I thought I could sneak down near the court and take a picture with my trusty cell-phone camera.

And maybe, when the fight broke out, a basketball player fell right on top of me!

And I took a picture, but it didn't come out good:



Maybe this is a drawing of what happened:



It could very well have happened that way.

Or it could be a story. Or based on a true story.

Or maybe Someone Else wrote a crazy e-mail about being yelled at to the entire staff at the place where he used to work.

And maybe Someone Else is going to sue Isaiah Thomas for secretly bringing in his old teammate Bill Laimbeer to teach the Knicks some "strategies."

Maybe, while this was all happening, I was at his house, baking cookies with his girlfriend.

And when I got home, there was a message on my answering machine from "Wanda," asking for "Pinky."

Hmmmmm.

Up Next: I am apparently "Time" magazine's "Man of the Year."

(Note: I understand there are some excellent photos of "The Thrilla in Madison-Square-Gardenilla" in the New York Times. I'm just saying that's what I heard.)

3 comments:

Sam said...

Maybe he put the crazy email on his blog, too!

I Ain't No Oprah said...

It's true! YOU were TIME Magazines person of the year.

(Lamest man of the year EVER!)

Not Clinky. YOU.

Cake said...

That's not a very nice thing to say to Sam, NoOprah. You should really apologize.