Thursday, January 17, 2008

Carson Daly Part 5 The End

So, I'm waiting in the autograph line.

The guy two in front of me goes up to Boba Fett. He says "Here's $20 for an autograph." So Boba Fett signs one of the photos he has in front of him and hand it to the guy. Then the guy says "OK, sign this prescription for cancer drugs."

So, Boba Fett says "I can't sign that. I'm not a physician. I'm not even a physician's wife."

The guy says "I gave you $20! Sign that prescription!"

Boba Fett says "I already autographed the photo. See that sign there? It says that you get one photo for $20."

The guy says "I'M GOING TO DIE OF CANCER!" and he rips up the photo, and starts singing "Nothing Compares 2U." Eventually two security guard dressed as Romulans come and carry him off. Which is odd, because on the TV show the Romulans hated Boba Fett.

The next guy goes up to the table and gives Neil Gaiman $35. Neil gives him an autographed copy of the movie "Stardust" in the popular "DVD" format. Then the guy pulls out a stack of old "Brave and Bold" comics from the 70s, and asks Neil to autograph them. Neil says "Great! I love Bob Haney!"

Then the guy says "Neil, can you act out the final episode of the TV show "Babylon 5" for me?"

And Neil says "Do you mean the last regular episode, or the last episode of that other mini-series they did later?"

So the guy just loses it. "You stinky limey teabag! You've betrayed me for the last time! I never should have had your initials tatooed onto my bad parts. I'm getting the pants lawyer and we're going to sue you, sue you so bad you'll wish you had stayed home to watch the second season of "The Wild Wild West" on DVD! And I'm telling my mom!"

At which point, Neil jumped over the table, and helped by Gary Coleman, Krazy-glued the guy's hands to his head. Then two of the demonstration models from the car show in the adjoining convention hall stuffed him in the trunk of a Ford Taurus. A red one.

So with no small amount of trepidation, I approached Carson Daly and asked him to sign my tote bag.

"There's an extra fiver in it for ya!" I said.

He told me he couldn't, because of the writer's strike.

So, to sum up, Carson Daly is dead to me now.

BECAUSE THIS WAS TWO YEARS AGO! THEY DIDN'T HAVE A WRITER'S STRIKE THEN!

5 comments:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Best blog post ever. You must be very proud.

stuckwithacomb said...

Did this really happen?

Redbeard76 said...

Should've slipped him a tenner. It would have gone right up his nose. I mean, have you seen how skinny he's got? He's like an anorexic with a coke habit.

Cake said...

::wild applause::

Lois Lane said...

Bwahahahahahhahahhahahaha!