Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Great day for Soda



So, I went to my corner store today, and I thought that the liquid highlight of my day would be the new flavor of Dr. Pepper; "Berries and Cream". I thought that I would go home and write to the blog about how, back in college, we only had the one flavor of coke. And that was about the time they were trying to ruin that flavor. (Kids, ask your parents about the "New Coke" scare of the 80s). Now we've got Cherry Coke, and Vanilla Coke, Peach Fresca; more and more every day. Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper looked very promising. But I'm home now, sitting at my computer, and haven't even tried it yet.

Because the even bigger, more exciting product is the new "Coca-Cola Blãk", and, if you can't read that right it's "Blak" with a little tilde over the "a". Which would be very irritating but I'm very much digging the product. It's coffee soda! Yes! Coffee and soda mixed together. With, of course, a little high fructose corn syrup, phosphoric acid, potassium sorbate and potassium benzoate (to protect taste), and, naturally, some acesulfame potassium. It comes in a glass bottle, with an opaque plastic laminate, so you can't see what it looks like.

It's delicious and I love it!

1 comment:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I saw that last night at the store...comes in little four packs and looks way cool.

I will get some.